Department started in 1979 in St. Gregorios Medical Mission Hospital .We give comprehensive and quality eye care at an affordable rate.
We have been conducting School Screening programs and eye camps in the rural areas for the last 35 years. This is mainly aimed at preventing curable blindness in the society. The excellent community eye services done by a dedicated team, trained specially in ophthalmology has won the prestigious award of National Rural Health Mission.
All the following anterior segment procedures are done in our Hospital :
- Phaco emulsification with IOL implementation
- Pterygium surgery
- Lid reconstructive procedures
- Lacrimal Sac surgeries
- Glaucoma – Screening, diagnosis & treatment
- Diabetic retinopathy screening
- Yag laser for Optical Cataract after caravan.