Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Obstetrics & Gynaecology department at Parumala Hospital provides comprehensive health services in a caring environment to women of all age groups.
The department has access to all modern diagnostic and treatment modalities and functions with high
efficiency and in close co-operation with other specialities like Neonatalogy, Pediatrics, General Surgery,
Anesthesia, Urology & Oncology.
Besides caring for a large number of low risk patients, expert care for high risk patients like pre- eclampsia, IUGR, pre-terms etc, is provided at the antenatal clinic. Regular antenatal clinics also provide expectant mothers with all healthcare information and guidance during pregnancy.
Support and care to the mother and baby is given at the postnatal clinic. Birth-spacing advice and information are also provided.
Fetal monitoring facilities including Cardiotocography (CTG) are available in the state of art Labour Rooms at Parumala Hospital. Full-fledged Intensive care unit and 24 hour blood bank service with facility for blood component therapy are also available.
- Contraceptive services
- Reproductive endocrinology (hormonal defects) and infertility
- Care of the pregnant woman: comprehensive pre-natal care, Single room and ward availability, 24 hr surgical capability and anesthesia support, complete maternal and fetal monitoring, immediate access to Neonatal ICU, etc.
- High risk pregnancy including diabetes in pregnancy, pre-eclampsia and hypertensive disorder, previous or recurrent pregnancy loss, preterm labor and delivery, pregnancy with cardiac problem, any medical disorder
- Multidisciplinary care if needed in associated cardiac, mental, renal and general medical problems.
- Multi-disciplinary care for co management of high risk pregnancies with endocrinologist, physician, anesthetist, ultra sonologist, etc
GYNAECOLOGY:Care is given by the team of expert doctors for all gynecological issues including:
- Dysfunctional uterine bleeding and other menstrual disorders.
- Polycystic Ovarian disease, fibroids, endometriosis, etc.
- Minimally invasive hysterectomy (removal of uterus)
- Laparoscopic ligation/sterilization
- Laparoscopic surgery for diagnosis and treatment of ectopic pregnancy
- Surgery for cancers of the female reproductive system
- Screening for cervical cancers
- Uro- gynaecology
- Evaluation and management of endocrine disorders (eg: prolactin, thyroid).