The department of General Medicine is one of the oldest departments in the hospital and has been providing holistic healthcare to our patients over the last 40 years. Our physicians with decades of experience handle the prevention, diagnosis and treatment for various diseases from simple fever to complex conditions.
Serving as a base speciality, the department provides evidence based clinical evaluation of the patients’ condition and forms the basis of treatment for other multi-disciplinary specialists, if the situation warrants organ specific advanced care.
The General medicine department offers the following services:
- Outpatient consultations.
- Inpatient services (24×7)
- Physical examination of patients and investigative procedures
- Pre surgical examination
- Primary healthcare for all common and chronic illnesses
- Referrals to other specialities for advanced care, if required
- Immunization and preventive screenings through clinical investigations
- Preventive medicine and patient education programs
- Health checkup for patients under several packages offered by the hospital
The facilities offered by the department include:
- Consultation from highly experienced specialist doctors
- Investigative procedures like, X-ray, CT Scan, MRI, PER Scan, Ultrasound scan,and Colour Doppler working round the clock.
- Physiotherapy, dietary services
- In-house pharmacy working round the clock
- Medical ICU with all modern amenities with full time intensives’ service.
Conditions we treat
General medicine being a base speciality, our physicians provide primary treatment and care for most of the common conditions affecting the body. After physical examination and routine investigative procedures if any, the results will be analysed and a primary diagnosis made. Cases requiring complex and advanced medical treatment will be referred to the relevant multi disciplinary specialists in the hospital.