From The Vantage Point
St. Gregorios Medical Mission Hospital is owned and controlled by a Charitable Society of Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church, the Head of which is His Holiness Baselius Marthoma Paulose II, the Catholicose of the Apostolic throne of St. Thomas and the Head of Malankara Orthodox Church and managed through a committee called "St. Gregorios Medical Mission Managing Committee" constituted as provided in the constitution and memorandum of Charitable Society
St. Gregorios Medical Mission Hospital has received the following Government Approvals:
- 1. Societies Registration Act No: A 334 Year-1978 Registered under Travancore-Cochin literary & Scientific Societies Act of 1955.
- 2. Registration under 12A of the Income – tax Act, 1961. From Government of India, Income Tax Department No.C.No.307/Tech/ (137)/12A/CIT-KTM/2004-05, as a Charitable Institution.
- 3. FCRA Certificate from Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs for collection of foreign donation. Registered in terms of section 6(1) (a) of FCRA (Regulation) Act 1967 No: 052930136 No: II /21022/65(1332)/85-FCRA-III.
- 4. Certifications from Government of India, Under the Income Tax Act, section 80G for acceptance of donations with Tax benefits. U/S 80 G. Vide Order No.305/Tech/80G(R)/26/CIT-KTM/09-10 to be valid till 31.03.2016
- 5. SGMMH is an approved hospital under Section 17(2) of the Income Tax Act, 1961, (Under this section any sum paid by an employer directly to the hospital or any sum reimbursed to any employee in connection with the medical treatment of the specified diseases or ailments or any member of the employees family shall not be treated as a perquisite in the hands of such employee and such sum shall be exempt from Income Tax in the hands of the employee. The employer will not be liable to deduct the tax at source in respect of such sum).
- 6. Ours is also an Approved hospital for Treatment to Government Employees to become eligible under the Medical Reimbursement Scheme of Government of Kerala.
- 7. Government Insurance Scheme KARUNYA for dialysis patients are available in the Hospital.